We as owners and managers of Hitgeheim Country Lodge, like the rest of the world, is horrified at the Covid 19 Pandemic currently taking place worldwide.
We are very fortunate to point out the following safety benefits of staying with us:
- Our lodge and chalets are perfectly setup for social distancing.
- You do not have to interact with us as management, our well trained staff or other guests.
- You can be perfectly private in your unit and surrounding areas and enjoy the quiet beauty of the Addo bushveld from your private wooden deck.
- Addo at present does not have any reportable cases of the Coronavirus. We service the chalets well before your arrival and are extremely vigilant with our cleaning routines; no-one will enter your unit for at least an hour before you check in. Our staff are trained on the importance of using the correct cleaning agents and disinfectants on all areas of high contact and touch such as door handles, fridge, doors, remotes, handles etc. Linen and towels are washed on a very high temperature setting.
- All linen is further ironed as well. The best disinfectants solution we can source are placed in your rooms, but please bring the wipes, hand sanitiser, any specific cleaning agents you are most happy with. The only common areas we have at Hitgeheim is our lounge, dining area and swimming pool.
Wash your hands frequently – regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Maintain social distancing – maintain at least one-metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Practice respiratory hygiene – covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately and again wash hands! If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Please feel free to contact us and discuss any matters you may have concerns on. We will endeavour to do our best you ensure you have a happy and comfortable and safe stay with us.
We fully understand that as much as we want to shake your hand in greeting and in welcoming you, fist pumps and air high fives are the order of the day and we look forward to welcoming you!